Blending the best from allopathic medicine & functional medicine to support your body, mind, and spirit.
About Tracy Shulsinger, FNP- Bio and Philosophy:
Tracy Shulsinger knew from childhood that her life work was in healing and healthcare. After many childhood dreams of various healthcare roles, she landed on nursing, initially as a Registered Nurse, and now as a Family Nurse Practitioner, and has never looked back.
Tracy is a Integrative Family Nurse Practitioner, bringing together Functional Medicine, Allopathic/Western medicine, Energy Medicine & Shamanic Healing. She received her Bachelorette of Science In Nursing as a Registered Nurse (RN) from George Mason University in Fairfax, VA in 2004. Tracy began practicing energy medicine and shamanic healing in 2006. She earned her Masters of Science in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) from the University of Colorado in 2011, with a concentration on Urban Underserved. She began a certification in functional medicine with the Institute for Functional Medicine in 2014, and has been happily practicing functional medicine since then.
Tracy’s healthcare working experience as an RN includes cardiac care, urban underserved primary care, orthopedics medical/surgical, behavioral health (psychiatric care), women’s health, home health, and camp (pediatrics) nursing. Tracy has also enjoyed several medical missions to Central America and has developed Spanish language fluency.
As a FNP she has worked in urban underserved Primary Care with all ages of men and women, including pregnancy care, women’s health, pediatrics, psychiatric, acute and chronic care, home health; and in Functional Medicine.
In addition to providing medical care, Tracy also practices shamanic healing, Eden Energy Medicine, teaches shamanic journeying and shamanic healing trainings and hosts regular shamanic journeying and practice gatherings.
Tracy believes that the body has infinite wellness and healing potential and her role is to partner with and support the body’s ability to heal itself. Throughout her education and experience, Tracy’s long-term vision has been to integrate allopathic medicine with alternative healing modalities in a Functional Medicine model. Tracy truly loves her role as a Integrative Nurse Practitioner and brings an abundance of passion, joy, and enthusiasm to the individuals with whom she works.
What is Functional Medicine:
“Functional Medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. It is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, Functional Medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional Medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, Functional Medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.”
(From “What is functional medicine” @ www.functionalmedicine.org)
Why choose’s functional medicine?
Functional medicine is the most effective and healing focused way of practicing medicine that I have experienced. It is particularly designed to maintain wellness, prevent disease, and diagnose and treat chronic, mysterious conditions that may be unresolved after various attempts at diagnosis and treatment. Functional medicine heals such long-standing conditions because it supports detecting, treating and healing the root causes of illness; and healing and wellness from the inside out. The functional medicine approach connects the dots, recognizes the patterns, asks extensive questions from birth to present, and involves deep listening for the truth of what has caused imbalance in the system, and then uses excellent diagnostic and treatment tools for restoring balance and harmony. The goal of treatment is healing- and this has many forms. For some clients, this means a cure, while for others it means an improvement. Patients often seek functional medicine when they have tried the traditional western medicine and self- treatment care, without achieving desired outcomes. We then put on our detective hats together and begin discovering what we can eliminate or reintroduce to support the body’s natural healing abilities. This can include nutrition and dietary changes, relaxation/stress management, physical activity, diagnostic testing (blood, urine, saliva, and/or stool; imaging studies), high quality prescription grade supplements, and prescription medications if necessary. It is also inherent in the foundation of functional medicine to individualize care and form heart-centered relationships with patients, in a partnership. This way of practicing medicine has always felt right and important to me, and I am grateful to have found a way to practice medicine that is so healing, effective, safe, and feels good for both parties involved- practitioner and client!
Is functional medicine right for you?
Functional medicine is very involved- it’s lifestyle medicine. This means that the patient and practitioner are both making efforts to improve the patients condition and health. Patients are often recommended to make dietary/nutrition changes, practice relaxation techniques, begin or alter their physical movement activities, complete diagnostic testing, begin treatment with supplements (or medication if indicated), and to follow-up with appointments to re-evaulate labs and progress over time. The best results come from the most active, engaged and involved patients! If you are ready for such a care partnership with a medical provider, and are ready to make personal changes, this can be a great fit! If you are not ready or willing to make such changes, functional medicine will not be as effective for you. Prescribing medication and supplements can only go so far- the full lifestyle changes that involve dedication and commitment produces the best results for the immediacy and future of your health.
Specific Healthcare Services Offered:
- Functional Medicine
- Disease Prevention and Wellness Maintenance
- Chronic Disease Care
- Gastrointestinal Distress
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention/Treatment
- Diabetes Prevention/Treatment
- Detoxing and Toxicity Testing
- Autoimmune Disease
- Women’s Health
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Thyroid Disorders
- Weigh management
- Psychiatric care (anxiety, depression, insomnia, benzodiazepine weaning)
Common Laboratory Tests Utilized:
Testing is individualized and is chosen together during the initial intake appointment, based on the medical review. Many of the tests do take health insurance, however not all do. If a test is necessary and chosen that is not covered by insurance, it would be paid “out of pocket/cash pay.”
Testing can include: blood, stool, urine, saliva, breath, sinus culture, and vaginal (papsmear/infection testing)
- Blood tests: thyroid, hormones (women & men), metabolic panels- kidney/liver/electrolytes; complete blood count- anemia, clotting, white blood cells; cardiovascular- cholesterol & inflammation; blood sugar, vitamin levels, infections- EBV (Epstein Barr infection, cytomegalovirus, Lyme disease, Hepatitis, fungal infections, H. pylori, sexually transmitted infections. etc.; autoimmune disease markers, genetics, migrating motor complex/SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth), food allergies/intolerances
- Stool tests: infections, digestion, inflammation, microbiome balance
- Urine tests: hormones, neurotransmitters, infection, kidney function, iodine, mold
- Saliva tests: adrenal glands
- Breath tests: SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth), H. Pylori
- Sinus culture tests: MARCONS & other bacterial infections, mold infection, fungal infection
- Vaginal tests: pap smear screening, infections- bacterial, yeast, STI/STD (sexually transmitted infections/diseases)
Laboratory Companies Utilized:
- Vibrant America
- Genova Diagnostics
- The Great Plains
- DNA Connexions
- Real Time Labs
- Microbiology Dx
- Self Pay/Cash Pay: Payment is based on the amount of time spent in the medical appointment.
$250 per hour. $190 per 45 mins. $125 per 30 mins. $65 per 15 mins
If you are scheduled for 30 mins. however the appointment is for 60 mins, the appointment will be billed for the entire appointment time of 60 mins.
- Insurance Pay: Co-payment is due at the time of service- this amount varies and the office will contact your insurance company if you are in-network with Tracy Shulsinger, FNP, to verify coverage and fees.
Health Insurance/Payment Options:
- United Healthcare: Tracy Shulsinger is in-network with most United plans- the office will verify your coverage & payment upon scheduling your initial appointment. It is important that you understand your policy- appointment coverage, lab coverage, deductible, etc.
- Rocky Mountain Healthcare: Tracy Shulsinger is in-network with most Rocky Mountain plans- the office will verify your coverage & payment upon scheduling your initial appointment. It is important that you understand your policy- appointment coverage, lab coverage, deductible, etc.
- Liberty Healthshare: This is a health-share and not an insurance company, therefore, the process is different compared to insurance companies. Full payment is due at the time of service for the amount of time spent in the appointment, at the same rate as the self pay/cash pay rate. A superbill is provided to you, to submit to Liberty Healthshare for reimbursement. The reimbursement is sent directly to you from Liberty Healthshare. It is important that you understand your policy- appointment coverage, lab coverage, when services are covered- we have found that many services are not covered during the first year with Liberty Healhshare.
- Out of network insurance: the appointment would be considered self pay/cash pay howev your labs can be billed through your insurance company when ever possible, which is the majority of the time. Coverage varies depending on each individual’s policy- please contact your insurance company to know your unique lab coverage and benefits.
Integrative & Functional Medicine Care:
Tracy Shulsinger, FNP-C
Office e-mail address: email@example.com
Office phone: 720-273-3568, contact for medical appointment info/scheduling
Office location: 3000 Center Green Drive. Suite 210. Boulder, CO 80301
Reviews for Functional Medicine Care
- “Tracy I find to be incredible..intelligent,thoughtful,caring..truly present.I feel blessed to have found her.If you want a true healer see Tracy.I find her able to see both sides..western and holistic which she is able to weave together with skill.Trust you will not be disappointed.”
– Lisa P.
- “Everyone was pleasant, helpful and provided excellent customer service. Staff was professional and genuine. Would recommend to anyone who wants to be an active participant in their own functional health.” – Jen W.
- “This facility is a dream come true. In my opinion, this is what health care should be. The girls at the desk are welcoming and kind, the doctors are professional and attentive, delivering compassionate and effective natural health care. I feel heard and respected. I’ve been seeing Tracy Schulsinger, and her wealth of knowledge, professionalism and kindness is immeasurable. I am on the road to recovering my health naturally and I could not do this without Journey to life & Holos!” -Martine R.
“Tracy Shulsinger is fantastic- very professional, thorough, and kind. She has a very calm demeanor and truly cares about her patients. I highly recommend her. ” -J.C
- “I came to Colorado for a specific intention. To find alternative care that fosters physical and emotional healing. In short to become the best version of myself. My journey is a long way from over but I would not be on this course correction if it wasn’t for the Holos Health Team. It is a lovely experience from the first impression you get with the nice girls at the front desk to the optimal care in the back. Special note of gratitude to Tracy Sulshinger. What can I say. Earth Angel…” -Justin V.
” I am so glad i finally found Tracy to help me find solutions for my thyroid health. Tracy is knowledgeable and compassionate. She works with you and your own intuition as well a solid understanding of current teasearch. You will feel better just spending time with her and youll be hopeful about getting well again! ” -Carin B.
- “Treating cause, not just symptoms- Everyone is friendly and helpful. We have never had to wait past our scheduled time. My son’s doctor, Tracy Shulsinger, is very thorough. She takes the time to listen to all of our concerns and offers a variety of solutions including lifestyle changes, diet, and vitamin supplements, as opposed to just throwing medication at a problem. My son’s overall health has vastly improved since we have been going to Holos Health. We live 4 and 1/2 hours away, but it is well worth the drive.” -Mother of Victor E.
- “I love everyone and everything about Holos Health. Tracy is a very special kind of practitioner: knowledgeable, attentive, helpful, and kind. My visits with her inspire me! She’s helping me get to the bottom of my thyroid and adrenal issues. She asks if I want to hear certain kinds of advice. She doesn’t beat you over the head with a diet but helps you understand what foods can help your condition. I am hopeful and encouraged and love having Tracy and the team there on my journey. ” -Carin B.
- “Tracy is a wonderful practitioner. I started seeing Tracy as my GYN and I liked her so much, I’ve been seeing her for some functional medicine approaches to IBS / SIBO issues. She is kind, spends more time with you than most doctors, and is knowledgeable on herbal alternatives to pharmaceuticals. I highly recommend her! ” -W.N.
- “Tracy handled our difficult appointment with the utmost professionalism. I felt she gave us the most value for our medical dollar of any professional I have seen in decades.” -Sandra M.
- “Tracy is terrific. I came in with an issue that is difficult to discuss and Tracy spent a long time with me and did a through assessment of my body and what I needed to do to start to feel more energy and I really appreciated her time and attention to that .The office is very professionally run and managed and I felt a lot better after leaving the appt. and am starting to feel some of the positive effects of her suggested treatment and supplements. ” -S.J.
- “I enjoyed my visit with Dr. Tracy Shulsinger. She is very professional and knowledgeable and gave me good advice regarding tests, and my results, and what vitamins are working for me and which are not. Stream-lining my vitamins is important to me. I also appreciate that she truly listens and responds to questions on health and life and what needs to be done to be a well-balanced person. She also encourages me to try new things to be more healthy. Thanks!! And A+ to Tracy! ” -Gayle A.
- “Tracy is extremely compassionate and professional. She possesses a wealth of information and shares it in a manner that is easy to comprehend. I highly recommend her especially for a woman who is frustrated with hormonal changes. ” -Margaret D.
- “I have been seeing Tracy since she opened her practice and would recommend her to anyone that wants to begin with a more natural/holistic approach to a health. I have enjoyed working with her and appreciate that she starts with blood work and makes a more accurate diagnosis. I have a low thyroid and she has been spot on with me figuring that and my hormone replacement therapy out.” -Carlee C.